[ArborMesh] Mesh Network Hackathon FRIDAY 5/6

Ryan Hughes ryan at iheartryan.com
Tue May 3 07:51:03 PDT 2011

Hey, everybody.  Quick reminder:  We're having the Mesh Networking
Hackathon this FRIDAY, 5/6, down at All Hands Active, the hackerspace
inside of Digital Ops, right near the Michigan Theater.  Round about 6pm.
We'll get some food down there at some point.

Some things I'm thinking we'll do:
1. Set up a website to describe the mesh network.  For this, we'll need
    website people as well as writers and artists.

2. Try to set up Nodewatcher, or some other dashboard for controlling the
    network.

3. Decide what distro to base our stuff around:  ROBIN, Freifunk, wlan-si,
    Commotion.

4. Set up our firmware.  Get it set up so that images can be built easily,
    by Nodewatcher or some other image-building software.

5. Strategize about deployment and public relations.  If you're a person
    who wants to help out, but isn't that technical, this is a way you can
    go.

--Ryan