[ArborMesh] Arbormesh Hackathon: What needs doing?

Andrew Surratt surratta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:00:33 CDT 2011

does someone already have a host to put up an arbormesh.org (I assume)
website?  I can put it here at my house, but my up-speed is 768k, and I
saturate that pretty well during the daytime.  I can run jboss, apache,
drupal, or whatever else.  I don't know from django, but my web server
is running ubuntu, so shouldn't be a problem.  I don't host my own dns,
but I can get that done (for free) through my extensive underworld
connections.

I'm up for a clinic, but other commitments (kids, mainly) may make it
difficult for me, so it'll depend on when it happens.  I have blocked
off the hackathon night, though.

re: cronned script to poll for internet connectivity...  what
environment is available in openwrt?  I can do bash scripts for that,
assuming all the "normal" networking tools are there -- mainly ping, I
guess.

I'm also up for luci/lua stuff, mainly since I know jack about it at
present, yet wouldn't be outside of my comfort zone.

fwiw, I have no opinion on the routing protocol.  I guess I lean
slightly on the conservative side, i.e., OSLR.  but that's mainly based
on my ignorance and not wanting to fight with b/leeding edge stuff.
that said, I'm not likely to be that valuable in that arena anyway, so
I'd yield to any better informed opinions.